SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, June 22 are reporting 53 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 39,239 and total deaths is at 503:
- Andover Borough-137 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,946 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-168 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,244 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,482 and 47 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,433 and 18 deaths
- Fredon Township-774 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,063 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-926 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,377 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,242 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-4,020 and 36 deaths
- Lafayette Township-622 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-925 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,483 and 53 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-635 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-461 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,407 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,017 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-933 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-529 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,675 and 44 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,737 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 39,239 cases, 37,618 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.