SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, May 6 are reporting 59 new COVID-19 case and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 36,422 and total deaths is at 478:
- Andover Borough-127 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,831 and 151 deaths
- Branchville Borough-158 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,063 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,356 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,353 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-733 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-999 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-856 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,285 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,062 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,718 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-578 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-862 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,306 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-595 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-435 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-4,970 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-934 and 6 deaths
- Stillwater Township-884 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-485 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,246 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,583 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 36,422 cases, 34,940 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.