SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, Jan. 22 are reporting 61 new COVID-19 cases and 3 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 7,572* and total deaths is at 247:
- Andover Borough-34 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-525 and 121 deaths
- Branchville Borough-28 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-414 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-305 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-235 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-158 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-209 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-206 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-221 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-441 and 8 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-825 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-94 and 1 death
- Montague Township-128 and 3 deaths
- Newton-482 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-127 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-74 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-979 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-208 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-152 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 83 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,136 and 11 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-508 and 4 deaths
*(Four prior reported positive cases has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/21/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 7,572 cases, 4,296 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.