SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, April 23 are reporting 61 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 13,875* and total deaths is at 291:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-754 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-68 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-778 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-565 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-503 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-280 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-337 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-348 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-467 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-835 and 11 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,568 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-171 and 1 death
- Montague Township-289 and 3 deaths
- Newton-812 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-278 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-155 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,806 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-363 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-336 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-141 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,030 and 17 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-936 and 8 deaths
*(Eleven prior reported positive case has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/22/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 13,875 cases 12,581 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.