SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, April 20 are reporting 65 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 13,734* and total deaths is at 291:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-751 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-67 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-773 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-564 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-498 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-278 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-337 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-343 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-456 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-832 and 11 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,555 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-170 and 1 death
- Montague Township-278 and 3 deaths
- Newton-807 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-277 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-148 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,792 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-362 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-330 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-139 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,006 and 17 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-916 and 8 deaths
*(Seventeen reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/15/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 13,734 cases 12,535 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.