SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, April 29 are reporting 67 new COVID-19 case and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 36,049 and total deaths is at 478:
- Andover Borough-126 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,822 and 151 deaths
- Branchville Borough-156 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,051 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,347 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,345 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-720 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-985 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-847 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,270 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,025 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,689 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-575 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-852 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,289 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-590 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-426 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-4,913 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-920 and 6 deaths
- Stillwater Township-872 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-481 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,188 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,557 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 36,049 cases, 34,882 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.