SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Feb. 17 are reporting 68 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 9,104* and total deaths is at 269:
- Andover Borough-40 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-583 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-38 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-548 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-357 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-304 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-195 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-251 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-234 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-275 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-529 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,042 and 12 deaths
- Lafayette Township-115 and 1 death
- Montague Township-152 and 3 deaths
- Newton-545 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-153 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-83 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,178 and 16 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-258 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-200 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 94 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,340 and 13 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-590 and 6 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/10/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 9,104 cases 8,020 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.