SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, Jan. 28 are reporting 69 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 8,056* and total deaths is at 253:
- Andover Borough-36 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-553 and 122 deaths
- Branchville Borough-32 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-448 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-324 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-256 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-175 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-218 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-216 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-244 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-478 and 9 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-883 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-107 and 1 death
- Montague Township-133 and 3 deaths
- Newton-493 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-134 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-76 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,043 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-220 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-161 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 88 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,203 and 12 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-535 and 5 deaths
*(1 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/21/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 8,056 cases, 4,783 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.