SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, June 17 are reporting 7 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,539* and total deaths is at 306:
- Andover Borough-58 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-771 and 127 deaths
- Branchville Borough-70 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-830 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-580 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-534 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-285 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-355 and 6 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-360 and 6 deaths
- Hampton Township-486 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-889 and 13 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,607 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-186 and 1 death
- Montague Township-323 and 3 deaths
- Newton-832 and 23 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-290 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-168 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,917 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-386 and 4 deaths
- Stillwater Township-345 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-152 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,132 and 19 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-983 and 9 deaths
*(One reported positive case has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 6/16/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,539 cases 14,169 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.