SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, Dec. 17 are reporting 75 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 4,143* and total deaths is at 206:
- Andover Borough-23 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-359 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-257 and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-184 and 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough-125 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-81 and 1 death
- Green Township-102 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-120 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-107 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-231 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-487 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-51 and 1 death
- Montague Township-64 and 4 deaths
- Newton-303 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-63 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-41 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-555 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-101 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-75 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough-44 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-590 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-237 and 1 death
*(2 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/10/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 4,216 cases, 3,121 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.