SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Jan. 27 are reporting 77 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 7,988* and total deaths is at 253:
- Andover Borough-35 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-550 and 122 deaths
- Branchville Borough-32 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-446 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-320 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-254 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-173 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-212 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-214 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-238 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-470 and 9 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-875 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-107 and 1 death
- Montague Township-133 and 3 deaths
- Newton-493 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-134 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-75 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,033 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-218 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-161 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 87 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,195 and 12 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-533 and 5 deaths
*(2 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/21/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 7,988 cases, 4,432 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.