SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Dec. 16 are reporting 78 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 4,143* and total deaths is at 206:
- Andover Borough-23and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-355 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-252 and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-178 and 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough-124 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-81 and 1 death
- Green Township-104 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-115 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-107 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-223 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-480 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-49 and 1 death
- Montague Township-59 and 4 deaths
- Newton-299 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-62 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-41 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-546 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-99 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-72 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough-44 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-579 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-235 and 1 death
*(5 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/10/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 4,143 cases, 3,113 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.