Sussex County reports 78 new COVID-19 cases; 1 additional death
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, Dec. 15 are reporting 78 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 4,070* and total deaths is at 205:
- Andover Borough-23and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-350and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-16 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-248and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-177 and 23 deaths
- Franklin Borough-121 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-80 and 1 death
- Green Township-98 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-114 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-105 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-215 and 3 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-473 and 7 deaths
- Lafayette Township-47 and 1 death
- Montague Township-58 and 4 deaths
- Newton-297 and 12 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-59 and 2 deaths
- Sandyston Township-41 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-538 and 12 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-95 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-72 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough-44 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-565 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-234 and 1 death
*(5 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/10/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 4,070 cases, 3,113 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.