SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Feb. 10 are reporting 79 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 8,790* and total deaths is at 268:
- Andover Borough-39 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-578 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-33 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-520 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-351 and 31 deaths
- Franklin Borough-298 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-189 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-239 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-228 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-269 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-512 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-996 and 12 deaths
- Lafayette Township-113 and 1 death
- Montague Township-143 and 3 deaths
- Newton-529 and 20 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-150 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-82 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,133 and 16 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-246 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-183 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 94 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,294 and 13 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-571 and 6 deaths
*(7 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 2/4/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 8,790 cases 7,443 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.