SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, June 3 are reporting 82 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 38,564 and total deaths is at 492:
- Andover Borough-136 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,922 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-166 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,202 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,455 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,419 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-762 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,043 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-918 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,358 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,184 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,927 and 36 deaths
- Lafayette Township-604 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-908 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,437 and 50 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-627 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-450 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,322 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-1,000 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-923 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-519 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,587 and 42 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,692 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 38,564 cases, 36,277 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.