Sussex County reports 84 new COVID-19 cases; no additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, May 4 are reporting 84 new COVID-19 case and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 36,273 and total deaths is at 478:
- Andover Borough-127 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,826 and 151 deaths
- Branchville Borough-157 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,061 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,355 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,351 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-728 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-993 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-852 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,278 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,052 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,700 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-577 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-856 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,301 and 48 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-593 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-432 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-4,945 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-927 and 6 deaths
- Stillwater Township-878 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-483 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,227 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,571 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 36,273 cases, 34,920 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.