SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, May 26 are reporting 86 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 38,098 and total deaths is at 489:
- Andover Borough-135 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-1,907 and 160 deaths
- Branchville Borough-164 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-2,161 and 10 deaths
- Frankford Township-1,434 and 42 deaths
- Franklin Borough-1,405 and 17 deaths
- Fredon Township-749 and 6 deaths
- Green Township-1,034 and 12 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-913 and 9 deaths
- Hampton Township-1,343 and 9 deaths
- Hardyston Township-2,161 and 21 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-3,877 and 35 deaths
- Lafayette Township-599 and 2 deaths
- Montague Township-899 and 7 deaths
- Newton-2,421 and 50 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-621 and 9 deaths
- Sandyston Township-444 and 4 deaths
- Sparta Township-5,230 and 29 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-985 and 7 deaths
- Stillwater Township-917 and 4 deaths
- Sussex Borough-511 and 2 deaths
- Vernon Township-5,518 and 41 deaths
- Walpack Township-3 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-2,667 and 14 deaths
According to health officials, of the 38,098 cases, 35,686 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.