Sussex County reports 89 new COVID-19 cases; 1 additional death
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, April 6 are reporting 89 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 12,669* and total deaths is at 286:
- Andover Borough-52 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-719 and 125 deaths
- Branchville Borough-58 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-735 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-525 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-449 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-262 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-325 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-314 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-407 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-765 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,476 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-159 and 1 death
- Montague Township-245 and 3 deaths
- Newton-740 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-256 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-132 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,634 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-337 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-301 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-122 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,832 and 16 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-824 and 7 deaths
*(Five reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 3/31/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 12,669 cases 10,763 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.