SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Tuesday, Jan. 12 are reporting 89 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 6,579 and total deaths is at 235:
- Andover Borough-27 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-469 and 117 deaths
- Branchville Borough-27and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-371 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-274 and 28 deaths
- Franklin Borough-192 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-134 and 2 deaths
- Green Township-175 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-187 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-188 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-363 and 7 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-719 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-76 and 1 death
- Montague Township-113 and 4 deaths
- Newton-429 and 17 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-107 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-63 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-877 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-180 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-118 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 77 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-974 and 10 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-439 and 3 deaths
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/7/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 6,579 cases, 3,732 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.