SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, April 7 are reporting 90 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 12,862* and total deaths is at 288:
- Andover Borough-52 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-726 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-61 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-743 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-530 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-456 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-264 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-328 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-321 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-412 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-775 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,493 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-161 and 1 death
- Montague Township-250 and 3 deaths
- Newton-752 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-264 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-135 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,654 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-340 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-309 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-128 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,871 and 17 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-837 and 7 deaths
*(Five reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 3/31/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 12,862 cases 11,422 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.