SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, March 17 are reporting 91 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 10,658* and total deaths is at 279:
- Andover Borough-48 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-641 and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-43 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-651 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-424 and 32 deaths
- Franklin Borough-352 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-218 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-274 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-265 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-335 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-633 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,240 and 15 deaths
- Lafayette Township-135 and 1 death
- Montague Township-184 and 3 deaths
- Newton-629 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-178 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-103 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,405 and 17 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-298 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-251 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-104 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,583 and 15 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-684 and 6 deaths
*(15 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 3/11/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 10,658 cases 9,474 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.