SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Monday, May 3 are reporting 92 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 14,136* and total deaths is at 297:
- Andover Borough-55 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-760 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-69 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-791 and 9 deaths
- Frankford Township-572 and 34 deaths
- Franklin Borough-511 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-284 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-343 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-357 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-476 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-861 and 12 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,577 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-184 and 1 death
- Montague Township-295 and 3 deaths
- Newton-816 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-282 and 5 deaths
- Sandyston Township-169 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,851 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-370 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-340 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-149 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-2,068 and 18 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-956 and 9 deaths
*(Five reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/29/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 14,136 cases 12,950 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.