SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Friday, April 9 are reporting 93 new COVID-19 cases and 1 additional death.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 12,954* and total deaths is at 289:
- Andover Borough-52 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-732 and 126 deaths
- Branchville Borough-61 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-747 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-534 and 33 deaths
- Franklin Borough-460 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-265 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-329 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-324 and 5 deaths
- Hampton Township-417 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-780 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,498 and 16 deaths
- Lafayette Township-161 and 1 death
- Montague Township-250 and 3 deaths
- Newton-758 and 22 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-266 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-136 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,667 and 18 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-342 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-310 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-130 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,888 and 17 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-846 and 7 deaths
*(One prior reported positive case has been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 4/8/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 12,954 cases 11,662 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.