Sussex County reports 93 new COVID-19 cases; no additional deaths
SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, March 18 are reporting 93 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 10,721* and total deaths is at 279:
- Andover Borough-48 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-644and 124 deaths
- Branchville Borough-45 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-653 and 8 deaths
- Frankford Township-424 and 32 deaths
- Franklin Borough-352 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-222 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-275 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-266 and 4 deaths
- Hampton Township-341 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-636 and 10 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-1,251 and 15 deaths
- Lafayette Township-137 and 1 death
- Montague Township-185 and 3 deaths
- Newton-631 and 21 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-181 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-106 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,414 and 17 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-299 and 2 death
- Stillwater Township-254 and 2 deaths
- Sussex Borough-104 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,561 and 15 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-692 and 6 deaths
*(No prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 3/11/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 10,721 cases 9,476 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1.