SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Wednesday, Dec. 30 are reporting 99 new COVID-19 cases and 2 additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 5,225* and total deaths is at 216:
- Andover Borough-26 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-403 and 115 deaths
- Branchville Borough-21 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-299 and 5 deaths
- Frankford Township-223 and 25 deaths
- Franklin Borough-157 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-96 and 1 death
- Green Township-131 and 0 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-153 and 2 death
- Hampton Township-132 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-291 and 6 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-580 and 8 deaths
- Lafayette Township-62 and 1 death
- Montague Township-78 and 4 deaths
- Newton-365 and 15 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-74 and 3 deaths
- Sandyston Township-51 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-717 and 13 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-138 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-92 and 0 death
- Sussex Borough- 67 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-741 and 9 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-328 and 1 death
*(5 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 12/29/2020, click here.
According to health officials, of the 5,225 cases, 3,193 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.