News Department

Unattended candle may have started fire that injured resident

ANDOVER TOWNSHIP, NJ (Sussex County) – An unattended candle may be to blame for a Andover Township fire that injured a resident early Monday morning, police said.

The house fire was reported at 2:38 a.m. at a residence on Lakeview Dr, located in the Lake Iliff section of the township, police said

When officers arrived, the residence was fully engulfed in flames, police said.

“It is believed the fire possibly started from an unattended candle within the bedroom area based upon preliminary discussions with the occupant,” police said.

The Andover Township Police Department and Sussex County Fire Marshal are continuing the investigation.

The Andover Township Fire Department was assisted by the Newton Fire Department, Sparta Fire Department, Andover Borough Fire Department, Ogdensburg Fire Department, Byram Township Fire Department, Green Township Fire Department and the Lakeland Emergency Squad.

Jay Edwards

Born and raised in Northwest NJ, Jay has a degree in Communications and has had a life-long interest in local radio and various styles of music. Jay has held numerous jobs over the years such as stunt car driver, bartender, voice-over artist, traffic reporter (award winning), NY Yankee maintenance crewmember and peanut farm worker. His hobbies include mountain climbing, snowmobiling, cooking, performing stand-up comedy and he is an avid squirrel watcher. Jay has been a guest on America’s Morning Headquarters,program on The Weather Channel, and was interviewed by Sam Champion.

Related Articles

Back to top button