NEW JERSEY – New Jersey is 2021’s 7th most gambling-addicted state, according to a study done by WalletHub.
With gambling addictions rising during the COVID-19 pandemic and the Kentucky Derby soon to kick off, the personal-finance website WalletHub Wednesday released its report on 2021’s Most Gambling-Addicted States.
In order to call out the states where gambling addiction is most prevalent, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 21 key metrics. The data set ranges from the presence of illegal gambling operations to lottery sales per capita to the share of adults with gambling disorders.
- 27th – Gaming Machines per Capita
- 11th – Lottery Sales per Capita
- 3rd – % of Adults with Gambling Disorders
- 5th – Gambling-Related Arrests per Capita
- 1st – Legality of Daily Fantasy Sports
- 18th – Legality of Sports Gambling
Here are the top 5 most gambling-addicted states:
- South Dakota
- North Carolina
- New Mexico
To view the full report, click here.