NEW JERSEY – New Jersey is 2022’s 6th most educated state in America, according to a study done by WalletHub.
With most colleges resuming in-person learning and BLS data showing a correlation between higher education levels, higher income and lower unemployment rates, the personal-finance website WalletHub Monday released its report on 2022’s Most & Least Educated States in America.
In order to determine the most educated states, WalletHub compared all 50 states across 18 metrics that examined the key factors of a well-educated population: educational attainment, school quality and achievement gaps between genders and races.
How educated is New Jersey? (1=Most; 25=Avg.):
- 28th – % of High-School Diploma Holders
- 23rd – % of Associate’s Degree Holders or College-Experienced Adults
- 4th – % of Bachelor’s Degree Holders
- 7th – % of Graduate- or Professional-Degree Holders
- 13th – Avg. University Quality
- 1st – Gender Gap in Educational Attainment
Here are the top 5 least educated states in America:
- West Virginia
For the full report, click here.