NEW JERSEY – New Jersey is 2023’s 6th most gambling-addicted state, according to a study done by WalletHub.
With the gambling industry bringing in a record $60 billion in revenue last year, and the Kentucky Derby soon to kick off, the personal-finance website WalletHub Tuesday released its report on 2023’s Most Gambling-Addicted States.
In order to call out the states where gambling addiction is most prevalent, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 20 key metrics. The data set ranges from the presence of illegal gambling operations to lottery sales per capita to the share of adults with gambling disorders.
- 30th – Gaming Machines per Capita
- 14th – Lottery Sales per Capita
- 3rd – % of Adults with Gambling Disorders
- 5th – Gambling-Related Arrests per Capita
- 1st – Legality of Daily Fantasy Sports
- 1st – Legality of Sports Gambling
- South Dakota
Here are the top 5 least gambling-addicted states:
For the full report, click here.