WalletHub: New Jersey is 2023’s 7th least stressed state
NEW JERSEY – New Jersey is 2023’s 7th least stressed state, according to a study done by WalletHub.
With April being Stress Awareness Month and 83% of adults being stressed out by inflation, the personal-finance website WalletHub today released its report on 2023’s Most & Least Stressed States.
To determine the states with the highest stress levels, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 41 key metrics. The data set ranges from average hours worked per week to the personal bankruptcy rate to the share of adults getting adequate sleep.
Stress Levels in New Jersey (1=Most Stressed, 25=Avg.):
- 32nd – Avg. Hours Worked per Week
- 26th – Share of Adults Getting Adequate Sleep
- 27th – % of Adults in Fair/Poor Health
- 45th – Job Security
- 32nd – Median Credit Score
- 44th – % of Population Living in Poverty
- 48th – Divorce Rate
- 47th – Crime Rate per Capita
- 38th – Psychologists per Capita
Here are the top 5 most stressed states:
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
Here are the top 5 least stressed states:
- New Hampshire
- South Dakota
For the full report, click here.