NEW JERSEY – A new study ranked New Jersey as the 9th most educated state in the country.
WalletHub released their 2020’s most and least educated states in America on Monday.
How educated is New Jersey? (1=Most; 25=Avg.):
- 27th – % of High-School Diploma Holders
- 23rd – % of Associate’s Degree Holders or College-Experienced Adults
- 4th – % of Bachelor’s Degree Holders
- 7th – % of Graduate- or Professional-Degree Holders
- 25th – Avg. University Quality
- 1st – Gender Gap in Educational Attainment
Here are the top 10:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
The least educated state is Mississippi.
To see the full list, click here.
In order to determine where the most educated Americans live, WalletHub compared the 50 states across 18 key metrics. The data set ranges from share of adults aged 25 and older with at least a high school diploma to average university quality to gender gap in educational attainment.