News Department

Woman taken to hospital following carbon monoxide exposure in Hackettstown

HACKETTSTOWN, NJ (Warren County) – A woman had to be taken to the hospital after being exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide in Hackettstown.

On Sunday, Dec. 3, at around 6:21 p.m., police responded a residence on the 100 block of Willow Grove Street in reference to a welfare check, police said.

Upon arrival, a 71-year-old woman stated to police that she was not feeling well. The Hackettstown Fire Department was requested to check for possible readings off carbon monoxide, police said.

The fire department detected high levels of carbon monoxide throughout the house, police said.

The woman was exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide and was transported to Hackettstown Medical Center. She was then later transported to a hospital in Brooklyn, NY, police said.

Police are reminding everyone to check their carbon monoxide and smoke detectors.

Jay Edwards

Born and raised in Northwest NJ, Jay has a degree in Communications and has had a life-long interest in local radio and various styles of music. Jay has held numerous jobs over the years such as stunt car driver, bartender, voice-over artist, traffic reporter (award winning), NY Yankee maintenance crewmember and peanut farm worker. His hobbies include mountain climbing, snowmobiling, cooking, performing stand-up comedy and he is an avid squirrel watcher. Jay has been a guest on America’s Morning Headquarters,program on The Weather Channel, and was interviewed by Sam Champion.

Related Articles

Back to top button