SUSSEX COUNTY, NJ – Sussex County officials on Thursday, Feb. 4 are reporting 53 new COVID-19 cases and no additional deaths.
The total number of COVID-19 cases in Sussex County is at 8,426* and total deaths is at 258:
- Andover Borough-37 and 0 deaths
- Andover Township-567 and 123 deaths
- Branchville Borough-33 and 0 deaths
- Byram Township-477 and 7 deaths
- Frankford Township-340 and 29 deaths
- Franklin Borough-275 and 2 deaths
- Fredon Township-186 and 4 deaths
- Green Township-231 and 4 deaths
- Hamburg Borough-221 and 3 death
- Hampton Township-255 and 3 deaths
- Hardyston Township-494 and 9 deaths
- Hopatcong Borough-944 and 10 deaths
- Lafayette Township-107 and 1 death
- Montague Township-140 and 3 deaths
- Newton-508 and 19 deaths
- Ogdensburg Borough-141 and 4 deaths
- Sandyston Township-79 and 1 death
- Sparta Township-1,089 and 15 deaths
- Stanhope Borough-237 and 1 death
- Stillwater Township-172 and 1 death
- Sussex Borough- 91 and 1 death
- Vernon Township-1,244 and 12 deaths
- Walpack Township-0 and 0 deaths
- Wantage Township-558 and 6 deaths
*(3 prior reported positive cases have been re-assigned out of County)
For a report of the Sussex County Long Term Care Facilities COVID-19 Cases from 01/01/2020 – 1/28/2021, click here.
According to health officials, of the 8,426 cases 7,320 cases have been classified as recovered.
The names, addresses, medical history and other personal identifying information of these residents will not be released or shared with the community, officials said.
The Sussex County Division of Health is the lead agency for investigation of confirmed cases of COVID- 19, which includes contact tracing. During case investigation, the SCDOH determines which persons are close contacts, as defined by the New Jersey Department of Health, and makes the appropriate recommendations to those individuals.
If anyone has questions about COVID-19, you can call 2-1-1 or 1-800-962-1253 for information from the New Jersey Department of Health, or text NJCO to 898-211.